Main Research Interests
- Machine Learning
- Artificial Neural Networks
- Deep Learning
- Structured Prediction
- Bayesian Nonparametrics Modelling and Unsupervised Learning
- NLP Tools
- POS Tagging
- Dependency Parsing
- Named Entity Recognition and Linking
- My Curriculum Vitae.
- Jana Straková, Milan Straka and Jan Hajič. Neural Networks for Featureless Named Entity Recognition in Czech. In Proceedings of the 19th International Conference on Text, Speech and Dialogue (TSD 2016), Brno, Czech Republic, September 2016.
- Milan Straka, Jan Hajič and Jana Straková. UDPipe: Trainable Pipeline for Processing CoNLL-U Files Performing Tokenization, Morphological Analysis, POS Tagging and Parsing. In Proceedings of the Tenth International Conference on Language Resources and Evaluation (LREC 2016), Portorož, Slovenia, May 2016.
- Zdeněk Žabokrtský, Magda Ševčíková, Milan Straka, Jonáš Vidra and Adéla Limburská. Merging Data Resources for Inflectional and Derivational Morphology in Czech. In Proceedings of the Tenth International Conference on Language Resources and Evaluation (LREC 2016), Portorož, Slovenia, May 2016.
- Milan Straka, Jan Hajič, Jana Straková and Jan Hajič jr. Parsing Universal Dependency Treebanks using Neural Networks and Search-Based Oracle. In Proceedings of the Fourteenth International Workshop on Treebanks and Linguistic Theories (TLT 14), December 2015.
- Jana Straková, Milan Milan and Jan Hajič: Open-Source Tools for Morphology, Lemmatization, POS Tagging and Named Entity Recognition. In Proceedings of 52nd Annual Meeting of the Association for Computational Linguistics: System Demonstrations, pages 13-18, Baltimore, Maryland, June 2014. Association for Computational Linguistics.
- Jana Straková, Milan Straka and Jan Hajič: A New State-Of-The-Art Czech Named Entity Recognizer. In TSD 2013, Text, Speech and Dialogue, Pilsen, Czech Republic, 2013.
- David Mareček and Milan Straka: Stop-probability estimates computed on a large corpus improve Unsupervised Dependency Parsing. In ACL 2013, Annual Meeting of the Association for Computational Linguistics, Sofia, Bulgaria, August 2013.
- Milan Straka: Adams’ Trees Revisited – Correct and Efficient Implementation. In Proceedings of TFP 2011, Symposium on Trends in Functional Programming, Madrid, Spain, May 2011.
- Milan Straka: The performance of the Haskell containers package. In Proceedings of Haskell 2010, 3rd ACM Haskell symposium on Haskell, Baltimore, Maryland, September 2010.
- Milan Straka: Optimal worst-case fully persistent arrays. In TFP 2009, Symposium on Trends in Functional Programming, Komarno, Slovakia, June 2009.
- Martin Mareš and Milan Straka: Linear-Time Ranking of Permutations. In Proceedings of ESA 2007, 15th Annual European Symposium, Eilat, Israel, October 2007.