Prague Dependency Treebank
Lectures: Markéta Lopatková
- Fri, S6, 14:00-15:30 (eng)
Practical sessions: Jiří Mírovský
- Fri, SU1, 12:20-13:50 (eng)
- Feb 24 - Introduction, trees, depencency (pdf)
- March 3 - Non-projectivity (pdf); intro to FGD (pdf)
- March 10 - Syntactic layers in FGD (pdf); FGD and PDT (pdf)
- March 17 - PDT: m-layer (pdf); m-tags overview (pdf)
- March 24 - PDT: a-layer (pdf); afuns overview (pdf)
- March 31 - PDT: a-layer continuation (pdf); addenda (pdf)
- April 7 - Syntactic annotation in UDs (pdf)
- April 14 - Easter Holidays
- April 21 - PDT: t-layer intro, t-lemma (pdf), grammatemes (pdf); overview of t-node attributes (pdf)
- April 28 - PDT: t-layer, valency (pdf)
- May 5 - PDT: t-layer, tfa, coreference (pdf)
- May 12
- May 19
- May 26 - cancelled
Practical (lab) sessions
Course schedule overview
- Phrase trees, dependency trees, non-dependency relations.
- Functional Generative Description, structural layers, coordination, differences between the theory and the PDT.
- Lower layers in FGD, word-form and morphological layers in the PDT, asymmetric dualism.
- Analytical layer (prepositions, verbal complements, combined functions, modal verbs, word order).
- Tectogrammatical layer (structure, functors, tectogrammatical lemma, valency, grammatemes, ellipses, coreference, reflexivity, topic-focus articulation, personal names, direct speech).
- Valency; PDT Vallex.
- Annotation schema, data format (XML), tools (TrEd, PML-TQ).
- All homeworks must be committed into the
https://svn.ms.mff.cuni.cz/svn/undergrads/students svn repository; do not send your homeworks by e-mail.
- Submit your work into your personal directories.
- There is an explicit deadline for submitting each homework - Wednesday before midnight.
- If the deadline is not met, ask for additional homework. All homeworks must be submitted in order to get the credit (zápočet).
- You can solve an additional homework even if you submitted the normal homework in time (i.e., you can improve your average by solving some of the additional homeworks).
- You have to e-mail us to confirm your additional homework is ready to be rated. All additional homeworks must be submitted at least one week before the credit.
- Each student is supposed to create all homework solutions himself/herself; any cheating will be penalised (but you can send us an e-mail if you are stuck).
- Homework (40%)
- Activity (10%)
- Final test (50%)
- Excellent: >= 90 %
- Very good: >= 70 %
- Good: >= 50 %