Prague can be easily reached from popular gateways to Europe including London, Paris, Amsterdam, Frankfurt, Zurich, Helsinki, Rome, Dubai etc. In addition, Prague can be reached by train or car from nearby cities such as Berlin, Vienna and Munich.
For travelling around Prague we recommend you to use public transport. It is quite reliable and safe, with the following prices (EUR 1,- = approx. CZK 25,-):
- basic – 90 minutes with the possibility to change tram/bus/underground: 32,- CZK
- short-term – 30 minutes with the possibility to change tram/bus/underground: 24,- CZK
- non-limited 1-day ticket: 110,- CZK
- non-limited 3-days ticket: 310,- CZK
- details here
You can buy tickets in slot machines in the underground stations, in most newsstands, specialized public transport shops, Prague transport information centers at the airport and the main railway station.
The way from the airport to the venue:
- either take an airport taxi (it should cost about CZK 600,-). A yellow AAA Taxi stand is located in the airport hall (www.prg.aero/en/parking-transport/transport/official-taxi);
- or rent a car. The usual car rental companies (Avis, Hertz, Budget, Europcar, Sixt) and many other national ones are in the ground floor of the North-1 terminal building, and also in the Parking garage "C" (again, closer to North-1);
- by public transport: take the bus line 119 (direction Dejvická) to the terminal stop Dejvická (about 24 minutes). Then change to underground line A (direction Depo Hostivař) and get off at the second station, Malostranská. (The journey takes about 30–45 minutes in total.) Then take tram No 22, 12 or 20 and get off at the first stop at Malostranské náměstí.
- From the airport to Dejvická stop you can also use the non-stop AE (airport express) bus with special fare CZK 40 (common tickets are not valid on this bus).
All long-distance trains arrive to the main railway station (Hlavní nádraží). The trains arriving from Berlin – Dresden stop at the Holešovice station, too.
The way to the venue:
- From Hlavní nádraží (main station): take the underground line C (direction Háje) to the Muzeum station (1 stop). Then change to line A (direction Dejvická) and get off at the second station, Malostranská. (The journey takes about 15 minutes.) Then take tram line 22, 12 or 20 and get off at the first stop at Malostranské náměstí.
- From Holešovice railway station: take tram line 12 (direction Sídliště Barrandov) and go directly to Malostranské náměstí (get off at the eighth stop).
Most buses arrive at the Florenc bus station.
To the venue:
- From Florenc bus station take the underground line C (direction Háje) to the Muzeum station (2 stops). Then change to line A (direction Dejvická) and get off at the second station, Malostranská. (The journey takes about 15 minutes.). Then take tram lines 22, 12 or 20 and get off at Malostranské náměstí.
Please be careful not to mix the tram stop Malostranské náměstí with the tram stop Malostranská (which is at the same time a metro station). The two tram stops (Malostranské náměstí and Malostranská) are different stops, though there is just a one-stop distance between them. Malostranské náměstí is a real square, with a huge parking lot in the middle surrounded by several baroque palaces and a former jesuit college (currently the School of Computer Science).
(recommended to reach your hotel only)
There are almost no parking places near the conference venue. The price is CZK 50,-/hour in the underground parking Rudolfinum.