I am an assistant professor working in the area of computational linguistics and natural language processing at the Institute of Formal and Applied Linguistics, Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic. My research interests include machine translation, information retrieval, lexical association measures, and multimodal data interpretation. ...
- Our department was nominated for the Innovation Radar Prize 2016.
- I am seeking prospective students to pursue a doctoral or masterʼs degree in computational linguistics. See my topics here or propose your own
- NPFL103: Information Retrieval
- NPFL067/8: Statistical Natural Language Processing I/II (with Jan Hajič)
- Petra Galusčáková, Jan Hajič, Jindřich Libovický, Pavel Pecina, and Aleš Tamchyna. Machine Translation of Medical Text in the KConnect Project, In Metaforum 2016, Lisbon, Portugal, 2016.
- Katrin Přikrylová - geo-entity recognition and indentification (PhD)
- Oberländer Jonathan - word compound splitting(MSc)
- David Vondrák - translation of technical texts into common language (MSc)
- Jan Hajič - neural network models for multimodal data interpretation (PhD)
- Jindřich Libovický - reading text in images (PhD)
- Shadi Saleh - cross-lingual information retrieval (PhD)
- Lubomír Krčmár - distributional semantics (PhD, co-supervised)
- Michal Auersperger - English grammar checker and corrector (MSc)
- Petra Galuščáková - speech segmentation and retrieval (PhD)