I am an assistant professor working in the area of computational linguistics and natural language processing at the Institute of Formal and Applied Linguistics, Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, Charles University in Prague, Czech Republic. My research interests include machine translation, information retrieval, lexical association measures, and multimodal data interpretation. ...
- I am seeking prospective students to pursue a doctoral or masterʼs degree in computational linguistics. See my topics here or propose your own
- My thesis Lexical Association Measures: Collocation Extraction, published as a book in Studies in Computational and Theoretical Linguistics, was recognized as the Best book of the Faculty of Mathematics and Physics for 2011 by the Charles University in Prague.
- Pavel Pecina, Ondřej Dušek, Lorraine Goeuriot, Jan Hajič, Jaroslava Hlaváčová, Gareth J. F. Jones, Liadh Kelly, Johannes Leveling, David Mareček, Michal Novák, Martin Popel, Rudolf Rosa, Aleš Tamchyna, Zdeňka Urešová. Adaptation of machine translation for multilingual information retrieval in the medical domain. To appear in Artificial Intelligence in Medicine, Elsevier, 2014. Zdeňka Urešová, Ondřej Dušek, Jan Hajič, Pavel Pecina. Multilingual Test Sets for Machine Translation of Search Queries for Cross-Lingual Information Retrieval in the Medical Domain. To appear in Proceedings of the Ninth International Conference on Language Resources and Evaluation, Reykjavik, Iceland, 2014.
- Ondřej Dušek, Jan Hajič, Jaroslava Hlaváčová, Michal Novák, Pavel Pecina, Rudolf Rosa, Aleš Tamchyna, Zdeňka Urešová, Daniel Zeman. Machine Translation of Medical Texts in the Khresmoi Project. To appear in Proceedings of the ACL 2014 Ninth Workshop of Statistical Machine Translation, Baltimore, USA.
- Jindřich Libovický, Pavel Pecina. Tolerant BLEU: a Submission to the WMT14 Metrics Task To appear in Proceedings of the ACL 2014 Ninth Workshop of Statistical Machine Translation, Baltimore, USA.
- Sara van de Moosdijk - Mining texts at discourse level (MsC, co-supervised)
- Jan Hajič - matching images to text (MsC)
- Jindřich Libovický - reading text in images (PhD)
- Shadi Saleh - cross-lingual information retrieval (PhD)
- Ondřej Odcházel - automatic recommendation of illustration photos (MsC)
- Lubomír Krčmár - distributional semantics (PhD, co-supervised)
- Aliya Nugumanova - information retrieval with domain knowledge (PhD, co-supervised)
- Michal Auersperger - grammar correction (MSc)
- Petra Galuščáková - speech segmentation and retrieval (PhD)