PhD. Student at
Institute of Formal and Applied Linguistics
Faculty of Mathematics and Physics
Charles University in Prague
PhD. Supervisor: Dr. Ondřej Bojar
UFAL, MFF UK
Malostranské náměstí 25
- 2010 Master in Language and Communication Technologies, Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, Charles University in Prague.
- 2009 Master in Language and Communication Technologies, Faculty of Computer Science, University of Malta.
- 2006 Bachelor of Computer Science, University of Karachi, Pakistan.
- Morphological tools for Urdu.
- 2-Step architecture in Statistical Machine Translation (SMT).
- Integrating morpho-syntactic information in SMT
- Bushra Jawaid, and Ondřej Bojar: Tagger Voting for Urdu. In Proceedings of the 24th International Conference on Computational Linguistics, COLING 2012, Mumbai, India. [pdf]
- Ondřej Bojar, Bushra Jawaid, and Amir Kamran: Probes in a Taxonomy of Factored Phrase-Based Models. In Proceedings of the Seventh Workshop on Statistical Machine Translation, WMT 2012 (NAACL), Montréal, Canada, pp. 253–260. [pdf]
- Bushra Jawaid: Machine Translation with Significant Word Reordering and Rich Target-Side Morphology. In Proceedings of the 20th Annual Conference of Doctoral Students WDS 2011, Prague, Czech Republic, 31st May - 3rd June 2011 [pdf] presentation [pdf]
- Bushra Jawaid and Daniel Zeman: Word-Order Issues in English-to-Urdu Statistical Machine Translation. In The Prague Bulletin of Mathematical Linguistics, No. 95, Copyright © Univerzita Karlova, Praha, Czechia, ISSN 0032-6585, pp. 87-106, Apr 2011 [pdf]
- Bushra Jawaid: Statistical Machine Translation between Languages with Significant Word Order Difference. Master thesis, Univerzita Karlova v Praze & University of Malta, Praha, Czechia, pp. 97, Aug 2010 [pdf]
- Bushra Jawaid, and Tafseer Ahmed: Hindi to Urdu Conversion: Beyond Simple Transliteration. In Proceedings of Conference on Language and Technology (CLT'09), Lahore, Pakistan, pp. 24-31, 2009. [pdf]
- Naila Ata, Bushra Jawaid, and Amir Kamran: Rule Based English to Urdu Machine Translation. In Proceedings of Conference on Language and Technology (CLT'07), University of Peshawar, Pakistan, 2007. [pdf]