How to write a final report
A student will turn in a final report (Czech or English) consisting of the following parts:
- Title, author
- Project description should be as concise as possible and should include the original project formulation - assume that the reader is not familiar with your project at all.
- Data description
- Specify data size - number of instances in the training and test data, number of attributes used in the prediction, their type - either categorial or continuous.
- Specify unusual and problematic aspects of project.
- Make a preliminary conlusion which methods (models) are proper to use; list possible problems you are aware of.
- Theoretical aspects of methods (models) Theoretical description must contain description of ALL models and methods you tested. To do it correctly, you have to get familiar with given methods described in the related literature. Methods must be described in a comprehensive way so no important steps do remain hidden to the reader. The idea here is that your results should be reproduceable by anyone reading your report. Example: Method of semi-logistic regression was used as the first (Němcová, 1840, pp. 43-50). A model can be described by the following term: a=bx+cy, where b and c are parameters, x,y are random variables, a is an output value. We estimated b and c parameters by the least-squared method (Seifert, 1982, pp. 4-6).
- Practical aspects of methods (models) i.e. programming should come after theory description. Programming must be compatible crosswise the operating systems, mainly because of our evaluation.
- Project analysis
- Explain why, in your opinion, the results you report are obtained: why the methods you consider are successful or why they fail. If you want, you can also discuss what you think would happen under conditions different from those you specifically tested.
- Think of the format that would best illustrate the points you are trying to make. Should you list your results in a table? represent them with a graph? what sort of graph? what results are necessary to report?
- Conclusion, summarizarion The final sigh how much you are happy that you are over ...