Education & academic career
- 2011 doc. (associate professor), Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, Charles University in Prague, habilitation thesis "From Treebanking to Machine Translation"
- 2005 Ph.D. in Computational Linguistics, Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, Charles University in Prague, thesis "Valency Lexicon of Czech Verbs"
- 2001 Ing. (equiv. level of M.S.) in Computer Science, Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Czech Technical University, Prague, with honours, thesis "Automatic Functor Assignment in the Prague Dependency Treebank"
- In 2012 member of Editorial Board of Journal of Language Modelling
- Reviewing conference papers: ACL 2013, DepLing 2013, MTT 2013, COLING 2012, SRW ACL in 2010, 16th European Conference on Artificial Intelligence in 2004, COLING-ACL in 2006, CICLing in 2008, CICLing in 2010
- In 2007, member of the Local Organization Commitee of the Association of Computational Linguistics annual conference, Conference on Empirical Methods on Natural Language Processing and parallel workshops, personally responsible for the local organization of 20 poster sessions
- Reviewing papers for Special Issue of Prague Bulletin of Mathematical Linguistics on Machine Translation in 2010, 2012
- Reviewing papers for Week of Doctoral Studies, MFF UK in Prague, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2011, 2012
Study and research stays abroad
- Department of International Business Communication, Copenhagen Business School, four weeks in 2012
- Department of Computational Linguistics, University of Saarbruecken (Germany), two weeks in 2002, two weeks in 2003, three weeks in 2004, two weeks in 2005, two weeks in 2006, two weeks in 2007
- Jožef Stefan Institute, Department of Intelligent Systems, Ljubljana (Slovenia), one month in 2000, two weeks in 2001, two weeks in 2003
- Department of Mathematics, University of Patras (Greece), three months in 2000
- Fuzzy Logic Laboratory, J. Kepler University, Linz (Austria), one month in 1999, two weeks in 2000
- Institute for Communicationg and Collaborative Systems, University of Edinburgh (GB), two weeks in 2001
- University of Helsinki (Finland), 13th European Summer School in Logic, Language and Information, two weeks in 2001
- in 2009: "Valenční slovník českých sloves" awarded by the Union of Interpreters and Translators
- in 1998: a member of the best CTU team in the Czech Technical University Open Contest (a contest within the network of ACM international collegiate programming contests)
Professional experience in IT (software development for commercial clients)
- 1999-2000 - web design,
- 1999-2000 - designing a system for managing legal texts in electronic form,
- 1998 - software support for measuring efficiency of a large factory power consumption,
- 1995 - data mining in an insurance company,
- 1994-1995 - developing software for real estate agencies.