License Agreement for VALLEX 1.0 for Non-commercial Use
Center for Computational Linguistics
Faculty of Mathematics and Physics
Malostranské náměstí 25
CZ-11800 Praha 1
|| the User
- The Valency Lexicon of Czech Verbs version 1.0 (VALLEX 1.0)
is a collection of linguistically annotated data and documentation, developed by
Markéta Lopatková, Zdeněk ®abokrtský, Karolína
Skwarska, and Václava Beneąová. It was developed at the
Proprietor under the support of the project MSMT LN00A063.
- The Proprietor is the copyright holder of VALLEX 1.0 and is entitled to
grant a license to the User.
- The User is an academic, educational or research institution,
or other organization, or an individual wishing to make use of
VALLEX 1.0 for research and/or education purposes.
It is hereby agreed as follows:
- This agreement is made on the date of registration and effective immediately.
- The User is granted a non-exclusive license to use, modify, enlarge
or enrich the VALLEX 1.0 to extract information directly or indirectly in
any form and volume, provided that the VALLEX 1.0 itself or any derivative
work is used only by the User her/himself or his/her immediate
collaborators, employees, managers and/or her/his students from the
same Institution for research purposes only, and provided she/he is
continuously observing all the terms and conditions contained in
- The User shall not use the VALLEX 1.0 itself or any derivative work
(including but not limited to statistics obtained by using it or
any derivative work thereof) based on it (however small the
contribution of VALLEX 1.0 to such derivative work is) in whatever form
for commercial purposes of any kind, nor for a deployment in any
routinely used application, regardless whether it is of commercial
nature or not.
- The User shall include the following notice in all publications or
publicly available materials, regardless of their form (printed,
electronic, or other), describing work which uses the VALLEX 1.0:
"The VALLEX 1.0 has been developed at the Center for Computational
Linguistics (see http://ckl.mff.cuni.cz/)."
In the case of printed materials, such as papers, journal articles,
etc., one publication most suitable for reference with regard to
User's work should be included from the list in the
VALLEX 1.0 documentation; in the case of
electronic publications on the Internet, the reference to the
aforementioned web page should be included as a web link.
- The User agrees not to re-distribute or otherwise make publicly
available the VALLEX 1.0, or any derivative work based on it as described
in paragraph 3, to a third party without a prior written permission
of the Proprietor, with the exception of examples and citations as
described in paragraph 4.
- The User undertakes to adopt any security measures needed to
protect the Proprietors' copyright in VALLEX 1.0 and undertakes to take
all reasonable steps to ensure that no unauthorized use is made of
VALLEX 1.0 and of any copies, derivative works or extracts thereof.
- Any usage of VALLEX 1.0 which does not conform to the specification set
forth in the 3rd paragraph of this Agreement (such as,
e.g., commercial usage of the VALLEX 1.0) is subject to separate
negotiations and a written contract between the User and the
Proprietor and/or other parties. The Proprietor is in general
not obliged to enter and/or conclude such negotiations.
- The VALLEX 1.0 is provided as is. Therefore the Proprietor does not
warrant the usefulness of VALLEX 1.0 for any purpose.
- Should the User by itself or anyone acting on its behalf fail to
comply with any of the conditions in this agreement, this agreement shall terminate
immediately and VALLEX 1.0, its copies and derivative works based on it
shall be destroyed at the User's site and at all sites under his
control. Such termination shall be without prejudice to any claim
which the Proprietor may have either for monies due and/or damages
- This agreement terminates if (a) the User destroys all copies of
VALLEX 1.0 or any derivative work thereof, (b) the User or its Institution
ceases to exist, unless all its obligations are transferred to a new
entity, which is then considered to be bound by this Agreement. The
User or its successor shall inform the Proprietor about any such
transfer or succession; failure to do so will terminate this
Agreement after one month after such transfer or succession. (c)
the Proprietor ceases to exist without a legal successor.
- This agreement is governed by the laws of the Czech Republic and
all disputes concerning this agreement will be resolved by its