Main Research Interests
I am interested in natural languages and human communication, particularly how to teach computers to understand our language. My goal is to build a system you can talk with and feel it is intelligent.
- We are working on an open-source conversational system framework called Alex. Our aim is to make the framework widely accessible and open in order to allow wider adoption of dialog systems in practice. Demo of our system is running at 800 899 998 (you need to be able to speak Czech and be in the Czech Republic to be able to reach it).
2012–date Doctoral studies, Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, Charles University in Prague,
Prague, Czech Republic
- Research topic: Modeling complex statistical dialogue systems
2010–2012 Master’s degree, Brno University of Technology, Brno, Czech Republic
- Graduated with honors in Computer Networks and Communication
- Master’s thesis topic: ESA for Linking in Multi-lingual Document Collections
- Received the Dean’s award for an exceptional Master’s thesis
2007–2010 Bachelor’s degree, Brno University of Technology, Brno, Czech Republic
- Graduated with honors in Information Technology
- Bachelor’s thesis topic: Natural Language to Temporal Logic Translator
- Received the Dean’s award for an exceptional Bachelor’s thesis.